Total amount on current order

Is it possible to have users see only the total amount of the products they will actualy get instead of the total of what they would like to order (so only when product has at least +1 in right column)? I thought the ‘use tolerance’ box should take care of that but it doesn’t seem to have any effect.

another thought: it would be nice if the group order bar will have a different colour for tolerance items so other users can see the difference between ordered amount and extra amount. is it something i might be able to configure myself?

Is it possible to have users see only the total amount of the products they will actualy get instead of the total of what they would like to order (so only when product has at least +1 in right column)? I thought the ‘use tolerance’ box should take care of that but it doesn’t seem to have any effect.

All articles that a person ordered are visible in the list of ordered articles for the member. When the box isn’t full (because of missing units), one may not get something right now, but you will after someone else ordered some more. So it’s still important so see for the member.

Could you please describe in more detail what screen(s) you are referring to? I’m not sure what you mean.

another thought: it would be nice if the group order bar will have a different colour for tolerance items so other users can see the difference between ordered amount and extra amount. is it something i might be able to configure myself?

I’m not fully sure what you are referring to. If you’re meaning the small blue progress-bar in the member order screen of the foodcoop-adam fork, it currently doesn’t distinguish between quantity and tolerance. And yes, that would be a great idea (with some care that it doesn’t become too complex for basic users - contributions most welcome!

Kind regards,

• Willem

I was refering to the total amount to pay, before the order is closed one will see the total one will have to pay for the products one would want to have rather then the total amount to pay for the products one would actualy get (which still changes until the list is closed). Am i making any sense?

Ah, do you mean that on the dashboard and the “order result” (group_orders#show) page, you’d like to see how much one would need to pay for the products you’d get when the order would close right now?

If this is indeed what you mean: I can see that this could be useful in some cases. In general I think that the aim is to have no missing units at all as a foodcoop - because in my experience members would like to receive what they ordered (if not, one would use tolerance). So if the foodcoop is working well, showing the ordered amount to pay would be sensible. That’s the main use-case, for which I’d like to optimize.

Then if it happens often that there are missing units when the order closes, then the question is: what could be done to avoid this, and to communicate this clearly to the members? What would the message be?

• Willem

Hi Willem,
Very late reaction but wasn’t really busy with this for a while.
At the moment we are a very small foodcoop, we use the software for our living group and few friends, so it is not possible to complete all orders. Therefor it would be nice to have two Totals - one for the all the products ordered and one only for the products that will for sure be ordered.
I would like to try and implemet it but I do not know where to start… I will look into it.

I have another small question - I would like to use the shopping cart option, so members can pay with ideal, but not depend on their payment to order from supplier. It is ok if they pay after the order is made. Is taht possible? and can you link me to information on how to implement payment with ideal? when I activate it now the bank list is empty.

Thanks,

• Antilopa

Hi! (and see below)

Hi Willem,
Very late reaction but wasn’t really busy with this for a while.
At the moment we are a very small foodcoop, we use the software for our living group and few friends, so it is not possible to complete all orders. Therefor it would be nice to have two Totals - one for the all the products ordered and one only for the products that will for sure be ordered.
I would like to try and implemet it but I do not know where to start… I will look into it.

Does the show order page meet your needs already? You can see exactly how many quantity + tolerance members have orders, as well as the full units. Or would you like to have this downloadable? What would you like to do with these numbers?

I have another small question - I would like to use the shopping cart option, so members can pay with ideal, but not depend on their payment to order from supplier. It is ok if they pay after the order is made. Is taht possible? and can you link me to information on how to implement payment with ideal? when I activate it now the bank list is empty.

If you just want to accept online payments, but not want to force people to pay before the order closes, you don’t need the payorder option. You can just enable a payment provider plugin (in NL we’re using the Mollie plugin, and previously Adyen). With the plugin enabled and configured in app_config.yml, anyone is able to credit their own account at /f/payments/mollie/new (as explained in the README). You could, for example, put this in the dashboard notice (Configuration > Settings > Layout > Dashboard in the foodcoop-adam fork).
If the bank list is empty, you probably didn’t set the Mollie API key. You can get an account at or . Or you can write your own payment provider plugin for Foodsoft (look at the Mollie plugin for a start). Best, - Willem

Hi again

Let me try to explain better. as administrator I can see excatly what was needs to be ordered, and there is no problem there. I was refering to what users view when they order. The total amount to be paid that is shown as long as the order is not closed, includes articles that might not be ordered at all if not enough people want them. It would be usefull in our case to have a constant overview of the state of the order - which products will I get for sure and how much would that cost. Of course that can change as long as the order is open. I hope I am explaining myself good enough… This is great information, I wil look into it and try to add the plugin. By the way, we are also in NL (Amsterdam), maybe I can help foodcoop adam in some way too, sometime. Groetjes, Ayelet

Ibid,

Good point. The original foodcoops/foodsoft solves this by showing the amount you get / not get in in green and red respectively. Great. I’m curious to hear if it works out or not. Amsterdam, unexpected! :slight_smile: If you ever want to meet up, just let me know. I’d be curious to see how you’re using Foodsoft. Also, there are four other foodcoops in Amsterdam sharing a cloud-based virtual host at order.foodcoopamsterdam.nl, sharing the cost of the virtual machine (until we find a sponsor, hopefully). You’d be welcome to join, in case you’re interested. Kind regards, - Willem

[quote="wvengen"]   Any suggestions here?  [/quote]

I like the new progress bar with the different shades of blue - I hope I understand it correctly - it shows the total ordered by everyone in medium light blue, what you wish to receive in dark blue and (everyone’s?) tolerance in even lighter blue starting from right side of progress bar?
If I understood it correctly I think adding the tolerance in such way is really clever, This is something I was really missing. As for the actual amount - I can Imagine another column on the end right with ‘Current sum’ where you could see what you will pay for what you will actually get, maybe the amount of current units can be shown there too. Something like

|    Everyone    |      Current      | 
------------------------------------------ 
|    ////////////////   |  2units € 1.19  | 
  ------------------------------------------ 

I would also like to see the ‘current total’ in the left of the dashboard under

![foodsoft.png|405x56](upload://4QbZrLSwmLX294W6PoRMfHeveVC.png)

Sure I’d like to meet up one day. I really like this project, and the look and functionalities of this fork especially. As I said, we only use foodsoft for our woongroep + friends, and at the moment we use it to order from a wholesale so it is not a real foodcoop… It would be nice to grow into one one day… We are just making our second order via the software (we were using a very complex spreadsheet before) and I still only have it installed in development mode. It was the first Ruby application I installed, so I had some learning curve. At the moment we are hosting it on our own server, but as I said, we have very low traffic.

Thanks for an awesome job in anyway, lookinf forward to the update.

Groetjes,
- Antilopa

I thought of another idea for emphasizing what products one will get:

It can work nice to use colors just like in the ‘show order’ list in the user’s interface
foodsoft.png

So when a product is green it means user wil recieve what he ordered, if red then the order in not completer and yellow if he will recieve part of the total amount he ordered. It will give a nice overview while browsing through items.

What do you think?

This misses the amount you actually get when the order would be closed. I’d love to put this in here as well, but struggle to keep the UI clear. One idea might be a progress bar overlayed in the -/+ edit box. Another might be to highlight your missing amount in the progress bar differently (e.g. in red or purple). Or to show quantity + tolerance like in foodcoops/foodsoft, but just one editable number when you click on it.
Any suggestions here?

I like the different shades of blue - I hope I understand it correctly - it shows the total ordered by everyone in medium light blue, what you wish to receive in dark blue and (everyone’s?) tolerance in even lighter blue starting from right side of progress bar?
If I understood it correctly I think adding the tolerance in such way is really clever, This is something I was really missing.

Hmm perhaps it’s not entirely clear yet. The dark blue shows the total quantity in the final box that is not full yet - meaning this many were requested by members but can’t be fulfilled at this time. The lighter same of blue is the total tolerance in the final box that is not full yet. The even lighter shade of blue is the tolerance by all members that is available, though at this time unused (I made it lighter blue because it’s not supposed to catch the attention; while the earlier light blue still means that the member browsing the page could add something to fill the last box, the lighter blue invites no action merely gives information that one could order just a couple more without having to order a full box).
Does this make sense?

As for the actual amount - I can Imagine another column on the end right with ‘Current sum’ where you could see what you will pay for what you will actually get, maybe the amount of current units can be shown there too. Something like Â

Everyone   |     Current    |

////////////////  | 2units € 1.19 |

Hmm, not a bad idea. I think the current complexity of the member ordering interface is quite high already (some would be happy to have even more info, but I’d really like it to be usable without effort by many). I think your other idea would help in this direction (below).

I would also like to see the ‘current total’ in the left of the dashboard under [The top left order total]

Interesting idea! Perhaps adding a “~” symbol in front of the price when the member hasn’t secured the full amount, e.g. with a tooltip explaining how much he’ll get if the order would close now. This could be done both on individual articles and the total.

It can work nice to use colors just like in the ‘show order’ list in the user’s interface
So when a product is green it means user wil recieve what he ordered, if red then the order in not completer and yellow if he will recieve part of the total amount he ordered. It will give a nice overview while browsing through items.

Really nice idea. I’d go for it, perhaps combined with the extra tooltip info (or displayed in the popover info on the left).
What do you think?

Amsterdam, unexpected! :slight_smile: If you ever want to meet up, just let me know. I’d be curious to see how you’re using Foodsoft. Also, there are four other foodcoops in Amsterdam sharing a cloud-based virtual host at order.foodcoopamsterdam.nl, sharing the cost of the virtual machine (until we find a sponsor, hopefully). You’d be welcome to join, in case you’re interested.

Sure I’d like to meet up one day. I really like this project, and the look and functionalities of this fork especially. As I said, we only foodsoft for our woongroep + friends, and at the moment we use it to order from wholesale so it is not a real foodcoop… It would be nice to grow into one one day… We are just making our second order via the software (we were using a very complex spreadsheet before) and I still only have it installed as development mode. It is the first Ruby application I installed, so I had some learning curve. At the moment we are hosting it on our own server, but as I said, we have very low traffic.

Great! I think most groups start with a spreadsheet, which at some point isn’t managable any more.

Groeten :slight_smile:

• Willem

mmm… sorry for being slow, but it gets a bit confusing with all these terms :stuck_out_tongue:
So both light blues are actauly the tolenracne, only in the first case (the Hazel wit in the picture) it is being used within the incomplete box, and in the second example (Amandel bruin) the box is still empty. Wouldn’t it make more sense to have the tollerance in both cases represnted in the same way? As I see it the tollerance shoud only give an indication and not discourage people from ordering what they wish, regradless if the box is empty or not. I like the way the tolerance is in the seocnd example (the 7 in the Amandel order) and I think it can be used for box that are not full yet. So in the first (Hazel) you will have first 5 representing quantity total then 2 representing the minimum units still required to fill the box, and the 3 in lighter blue showing tolerance. That would mean that for this box there could still be an order of between 2 and 5 units.
Or maybe I still don’t understand it well enough…

The tooltip idea would work great.