editing products list on an open order

i added new products to the list at the supplier and i tried to make them available for an already open order. i get this error:

Warning: articles marked red have already been ordered within this open order. If you uncheck them here, all existing orders of these articles will be deleted. To proceed, confirm below.

i am not UNchecking product and nothing is marked red but i checked the ‘ignore error’ box anyway and i still get the same message and check those new products.

is there a fix to that or will i have to open a new order?

Hi,

Let me see if I understand what you’re doing.

1. Open an order for a supplier
  2. Add an article to the supplier
  3. Edit the order and check the checkbox for the new article
  4. Somehow it didn’t work

Could you explain what you were doing exactly and where the error occured? I cannot reproduce what you’re saying.
Also, what version of Foodsoft are you using?

Regards,

• Willem

ps. .You can delete closed orders, not so for settled orders which have been charged to member accounts.

Hi, sorry for the delay in reply

I eventualy solved it by closing the order and opening a new one. After that I had no problem adding new products.

But just to clarify, this is what i did originaly:

1. Open an order for a supplier
  2. Add an article to the supplier
  3. Edit the order and check the checkbox for the new article
  4. Click ‘update all articles’
  5. Get the above mentioned error: Warning: articles marked red have already been ordered within this open order. If you uncheck them here, all existing orders of these articles will be deleted. To proceed, confirm below.
  6. Couldn’t confirm anywhere

I tried this a couple of times, but the first time step 3 was slightly different: I unchecked all boxes and immidietly rechecked all of them before updating the list (step 4) - I’m thinking this is what caused the error.

Best,
Antilopa

Hi Antilopa,

Thanks for explaining it in detail. I assume you meant with ‘update all articles’ (in step 4) the button ‘Update Order’ at the bottom.
I could not reproduce your problem with the current development version of Foodsoft. What version are you using? (Just to be sure, I don’t think it would matter much.)

Regarding step 6: when you uncheck an article that was already ordered, this warning appears. At the bottom of the form there is a checkbox “Ignore warnings”, that what’s meant by confirming.

Best,

• Willem

I am running version Foodsoft v3.3.7+adam+ß

I tried the ‘ignore errors’ checkbox but the error remained and i was not able to submit any changes.

The only thing I would like to add is that after unchecking all products I re-checked them without pressing ‘update order’ in between these two actions, don’t know if that matters in any way.