Docker sponsored OSS renewal

Just to let you know, I got a mail from Docker to renew the sponsored OSS membership at Apply Today - Docker-Sponsored Open Source Program and I’ve just (re-)submitted the request, which I expect to be accepted just like last year. This apparently needs to be each year, but I think it’s worth it, both because of unlimited pulls, (re)builds (especially on base image changes!) and being discoverable and recognizable on hub.docker.com.

1 Like

Didn’t saw you message. I was wondering about the billing email from Docker which I recieved today. I downgraded the account assuming that we don’t have a discount on all costs.

Can we upgrade the account again once the sponsorship is approved?

Sponsorship is approved! And I was surprised by a billing email as well, then noticed that another mail was sent that the billed account was cancelled.

Congratulations! Your project has been approved for the Docker-Sponsored Open Source program. A Docker Team subscription will be allocated to the project organization Docker ID specified in your application within the next 3 weeks. In addition to a Team subscription, you now have:

• free autobuilds
  • rate-limit removal for all users pulling public images from your project namespace
  • special badging on Docker Hub (this will be visible within two weeks)

If you haven’t already, please take the time to update your project’s Hub pages to include a detailed project description, links to your project source code, as well as contributing guidelines, and a link to your organization’s website. Projects lacking this information may not receive the Docker Sponsored Open Source badging for their images on Docker Hub.

Membership in the Docker-Sponsored Open Source (DSOS) program is valid for one year. You will receive a reminder email from us when it is time to renew your membership.

We are thrilled to have you as an open-source partner. If you have any questions regarding the open source program please contact opensource@docker.com and include the name of your project in the subject line. If you have questions regarding technical support please contact support@docker.com.

1 Like

I’ve received a request for renewal and submitted.