Deposit not counted?

HI all,
It seems like deposit is not counted when finishing an order. A product, say, Kombucha has a deposit of €0,25, but when I look at what is booked from a member’s account when I settle the order, I cannot see the deposit being subtracted.
Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug?
Cheers, H.

Hi and welcome to the Foodsoft community!

• Which Foodsoft version / deployment are you using? The global (foodcoops.net) hosting?

• How does the accounting menu look like for the respective order? In the deposit column, you should see the deposit. Is this empty in your case?

→ If it’s empty there, but in the article management, the article has a deposit: Has the deposit of this article been set to 0 previously when accounting an order of the same supplier? There is a bug concerning this which hasn’t been fixed in the main repository yet. (Deposit, VAT, and net price are all part of price.)

• app.foodcoops.net indeed
  • (Accounting = balans in Dutch?) When I sort on kombucha, I see almost the same as your example and indeed a deposit is listed.
    I do not know whether it has been set to 0 previously. Maybe the article was created without deposit and it was set later.

I have been counting around and it seems like the deposit is counted, but I cannot understand how the prices are calculated:
net price: 2,35
Gross: 2,83
VAT: 9%
deposit: 0,25
our margin: 3,5%
Price paid for one bottle: 2,93
What I would find the logical way to calculate the price:
2,35x1,035= 2,43 (add margin)
2,43x1,09 = 2,65 (add VAT)
2,65+0,25 = 2,90 (add deposit, deposit has not VAT and no margin)
It seems like a margin is counted on the deposit as well, since then I get to 2,93:
(2,35+,25)x1,09x1,035=2,93

So after all it seems to me this is a bug/feature and we have counted too much for the deposit to our members (only a few cents, so no big deal, but still).

I vaguely remember that we did some things related to tax, margin an deposit in the fcadam fork. Maybe this commit is still of use - allow to configure pricing models (also closes foodcoop-adam#140) · foodcoop-adam/foodsoft@bad67e0 · GitHub and the ArticlePrice model with some documentation. Note that foodcoops/foodsoft has a fixed computation model (I think with VAT over deposit and margin, but please check).

(and yes, accounting is translated as balans in Dutch, afaik)

The price calculation (code) formula is:

gross price = (net price + deposit) * 1.xx
fc price = (net price + deposit) * 1.xx * 1yy
xx = VAT in %, yy = markup/margin in %

I guess tax laws may vary from country to country, but we have a German supplier who charges VAT on deposit (B2B net prices). Edit: I just noticed that supplier charges a different tax rate on deposit (full VAT) that on the article itself (reduced VAT) but Foodsoft only allows one VAT rate for both and I always used the reduced rate. :sweat_smile:
Most suppliers send us gross prices anyway, so we usually set VAT to 0.

Something like that would be awesome, but I think we should wait until the article unit fork is merged.

1 Like